Freitag, März 09, 2007

Horst Wende - Bei Pfeiffers ist Ball (1962)



Here you have the other side of Roberto Delgado. As I´ve told you before, Roberto is Horst disguised as a Mexican. To disguise yourself as a Mexican, you only need three things: A poncho, a sombrero and a big cigar. Plus you must play Latin rhythms, otherwise nobody would believe that you´re a Mexican. I don´t know why, but a real stereotype Mexican would never touch an accordion. Since Mr. Wende was not only a great arranger and bandleader, but an excellent accordion player as well, he kept releasing his accordion albums as "Horst Wende" until the late 70´s. Here you can listen to a tune you might know from the intermissions of NHL hockey-games. It´s the famous "Sportpalast-Walzer", written by Siegfried Translateur (1875 - 1944). This music is also known to my Austrian neighbors as "Wiener Praterleben"...

5 Kommentare:

Vinyl Room hat gesagt…

roman,
it's typical that the best blogger that shares the best of albums in my opinion only puts up 1 track of each.

This one exites me greatly, and I can only hope and pray that you may one day share these or this one in full.

OV

Roman hat gesagt…

Hi OV,

I´m very busy this week, but I´ll try and see what I can do next week...

Vinyl Room hat gesagt…

Hi roman,

That sounds lovely, thanks and look forward to it.

OV

Unknown hat gesagt…

Hi Roman,

I am really sorry to bother you but it seems that you are the only one that owns this record "Bei Pfeiffers ist Ball" by Horst Wende. For many many years I've been looking for the song "Quecksilber Polka" that was the theme of a radio news show in Costa Rica. I would appreciate it very much if you could post the link for this record.

Thanks,

Any middle-aged German Witch in Amerika hat gesagt…

Louis, too bad you did not leave any contact information! The album has been posted today by LL, but I have no way of telling you. Maybe you will read this.

I am listening to it right now, a very entertaining album.